This might be a bit unconventional, but when it’s cold outside like it is right now, I like to make some barbecue to remind me of warmer months. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll do barbecue during the hot months too, but I always like to remind the family that warmer times are ahead. Making barbecued spareribs is always welcome and will satiate everyone very well. This will feed 4 people.
- 3 to 4 lb spareribs, cut in serving pieces
- 1 sliced lemon
- 1 sliced large onion
- 1 cup catsup
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 dashes of Tabasco
- 1 cup water
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place ribs in baking pan, meaty side up.
- On each piece place a slice of lemon and onion.
- Roast 30 min.
- Combine remaining ingredients; pour over ribs.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 1 1/2 hr more.
- Baste 2 or 3 times while baking.