Whenever I’m feeling under the weather, a warm pot of this turmeric tinted tonic fits the bill for sipping all day long and getting over my cold. Just add a splash of coconut milk before serving to make it creamy, or leave it out for a lighter beverage. When I got a head cold, I like to throw in a few Thai chiles for a nice hit of congestion clearing power.
- 6 cups of water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 inch knob fresh tumeric root, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 inch knob fresh ginger, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 Thai fresh or dried chiles, halved and seeded
- Combine all of the ingredients in the instant pot. Stir to dissolve the honey.
- Secure the lid and set the pressure release to sealing. Select the Soup/Broth setting, adjust the pressure to Less, and set the cooking time to 5 minutes.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then move the pressure release to venting to release any remaining stream. Open the pot and, using a slotted spoon, remove and discard the cinnamon sticks, turmeric and ginger slices, and chiles.
- Ladle the tonic into mugs and serve, or re-cover and leave on the keep warm setting until you are ready to enjoy.
- Serving Size: 4 to 6