Tofu Steaks Recipe
Extra firm tofu
3 garlic pieces
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1. Remove extra firm tofu and pat dry with paper towel.
2. Cut the tofu into rectangular pieces, about 1-2 inches thick.
3. Add salt and pepper to both sides of each tofu steaks.
4. Add all purpose flour in one side of steak, then turn steak to other side. Add garlic to the other side and then add some all purpose flour on top.
5. Heat a pan with olive oil at medium high, add tofu steaks and allow each side to brown. Alternate each side until crisp and golden brown.
I ate the tofu steaks with a side of soy sauce and mashed potatoes. It’s nice and crunchy and not very tofu textured, so give it a try!