Summertime means strawberries!
Also check: Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Recipe
Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
2 cups fresh strawberries (hulled and chopped)
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 large eggs
1 cup sugar (1/4 cup & 3/4 cup separated)
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup whole milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
*Make sure Kitchenaid ice cream maker has been in the freezer for at least 11 hours*
1. In one bowl, combine strawberries, lemon jice and 1/4 cup of sugar and mix. Keep in fridge. Chop the strawberries in small dices so they aren’t big chunks once frozen.
2. In Kitchenaid mixing bowl, use whisk to mix eggs, then add 3/4 cups sugar, milk, vanilla extract, and whipping cream. Make sure sugar is mixed well in liquid mixture.
3. In a small stock pot, add the liquid mixture and heat until it begins to steam, but not boil. Mix continuously.
4. Put mixture in a smaller bowl and chill to cool down until about 70 degrees and continue to mix.
5. Once cooled, add strawberry mixture from fridge into the milk/egg mixture and stir well.
6. Add the mixture into Kitchenaid mixture and stir for about 20 minutes or until desired texture.