If there’s one thing that I love making in this house it’s a beef steak pie. When it comes to hearty meals to serve for your family you can’t beat it! In all my years I haven’t heard any complaints about this meal. Everyone that comes into the kitchen after making this will leave with a full stomach that’s for sure! This meal will serve 4-6 people.
- 1 lb. round steak, cut in 1″ cubes
- 3 tbsp. fat
- 3 small onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- dash each of thyme and garlic salt
- 2 cups water
- 3 medium potatoes, pared and thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dredge meat in flour.
- Place in skillet with fat.
- Brown meat until very brown and crusty, about 15 min each side.
- Add onions and cook until golden brown, about 10 min.
- Put in 2-qt. baking dish.
- Sprinkle with flour and seasonings; pour water over top.
- Bake 45 min to 1 hr, until meat is tender.
- Remove from oven; increase oven temperature to 450 degrees.
- Place potatoes on top and sprinkle with salt and paprika.
- Return to oven and bake about 30 min, until potatoes are browned and tender.