Every now and then I’m looking to make a little something different. My instincts tell me to throw some shrimp together and make a nice seafood dish. You add in some mushrooms and you have a delightful tasting meal that will hit all the food groups. This will serve 4 people.
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or 1/2 cup butter
- 1 lb. fresh shrimp (shelled and cleaned)
- 2 cups bamboo shoots or finely sliced celery
- 1 can (6 oz) sliced mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. powdered ginger
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 cup beef or chicken broth
- 3 to 4 cups cooked rice
- Heat oil in skillet
- Add shrimp; fry, turning frequently, for about 10 min, or until shrimp are light pink
- Remove shrimp, saute bamboo shoots or celery and mushrooms; add soy sauce, ginger, salt, and pepper; cook 5 min, tossing mixture lightly.
- Add shrimp, cook another 5 min
- Add cornstarch, mixed to a thin paste with a little cold water, and broth.
- Simmer 1 min to thicken.
- Serve with cooked rice