Sometimes when I hit the market I’ll see some good deals on lamb. The good thing about this is that my son really likes the flavor of lamb so I make sure to buy it when I can. The good thing about lamb is that it offers a unique taste and can get big amounts of it for less usually. My lamb stew will feed 6 family members.
- 2 lb boneless lamb shoulder, 2″ cubes
- 2 tbsp, fat
- 2 cups of hot water
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 small bay leaf
- 3 medium carrots, cut in 1″ pieces
- 1 medium sliced onion
- 1 medium diced potato
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen peas
- Parsley Dumplings
- Brown meat in hot fat over medium heat in Dutch oven.
- Add water and seasonings. Simmer, covered for 2 hours, adding more water if needed.
- Add carrots, onion, and potato; simmer 20 minutes.
- Add peas.
- Thicken stew and top with Parsley Dumplings.
- Parsley Dumplings: Add 2/3 cup milk and 1/4 cup chopped parsley to 2 cups Bisquick.
- Mix thoroughly with fork.
- Drop by spoonfuls on boiling stew.
- Cook over low heat for 10 minutes uncovered and 10 minutes covered; liquid should be bubbling gently.
- Serve stew topped with dumplings.