When you are making food from an animal that was killed, it pays to use every part of the animal to ensure you get the most calories possible from the kill. Part of the animal that gets overlooked in a lot of kitchens is the liver. The liver is filled with a ton of vitamins and nutrients that you can’t get elsewhere on the animal. People don’t usually eat it though because it isn’t palatable. Well, you just gotta spice it up! This meal serves a family of 4.
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 lb calves or baby beef liver
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 1 can (1lb) tomatoes
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon and all but 3 tbsp fat.
- Dredge liver in flour and brown in drippings.
- Put bacon and other ingredients over liver.
- Cover and simmer for 45 min.