Sometimes I’ll be at the end of a week and the only thing I’ll have is some pork chops in the fridge. It’s times like these that I like to whip up these Mexican Pork Chops for the family. This meal is really easy to make and comes out fast. It’s nice if I need to throw something together really quick and don’t feel like thinking about what we’re going to have for dinner. This will feed a family of 4.
- 4 lean pork chops, 1″ thick
- 4 thin slices of onion
- 1/4 cup uncooked rice
- 1 can (1 lb 13 oz) of tomatoes
- 1/2 to 1 tsp salt
- Trim any excess fat from chops.
- Season chops well on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Brown on both sides in lightly greased hot skillet.
- Top each chop with a slice of onion, 1 tbsp. rice, and cover with whole tomatoes.
- Add any remaining tomatoes and juice to skillet. Season with salt.
- Cover tightly and simmer over low heat or bake in foil-covered baking dish, in 350 degree oven for 1 1/2 hr, or until tender.