One of the things I love about Taco Bean Soup is that the soup is incredibly hearty, the portion size is great so you can feed the whole family with some leftovers, and the taste is absolutely delicious.
This recipe is the ultimate in easy preparation soup meets taco night. Why go through the effort of making tacos if people just like the inside? Just serve them the Taco Bean Soup and everyone is happy!
For a more kid friendly version you could minimize the amount of taco seasoning and salsa you use, or just a mild version. Throw a little sour cream and cheddar cheese on top of your servings and you’ll have people raving for years to come!
- 3/4 lb. lean pork sausage
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 envelope dry low sodium taco seasoning
- 4 cups water
- 2 16 oz cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 14 1/2 oz cans low sodium stewed tomatoes
- 2 14 1/2 oz cans diced Mexican tomatoes with juice
- 16 oz jar chunky salsa
- Cook sausage and beef in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until no longer pink, then spoon the sausage into the slow cooker.
- Add taco seasoning and mix well.
- Stir in water, beans, tomatoes, and salsa.
- Cover. Cook on high 1 hour.
- Uncover and Cook another 30 minutes.
- Stir occasionally and serve.