Sometimes when you get home from work and everyone in the house is hungry, you don’t have time to be making some gourmet meal. I know that when this happens, and I’m tired from a rough day of work on top of things, I pull out the Tuna Puff Casserole to get the job done. This is good when you have extra items and cans of tuna floating around and you want to utilize it in a way to make a giant meal. This will serve 6.
- 1 can (6 1/2 or 7 oz.) tuna
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz.) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup soft bread cubes
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 tbsp. minced onion
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. Tabasco
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 eggs, separated
- Heat oven to 325 degrees (slow mod)
- Drain and flake tuna
- Blend 1/2 can of soup with tuna
- Combine tuna-soup mixture with next 7 ingredients and egg yolks.
- Add another dash of Tabasco to egg whites.
- Beat until stiff, but not dry
- Fold into tuna-soup mixture
- Turn into 1 1/2 – qt baking dish
- Bake 35 to 40 min
- Dilute remaining soup with 1/3 cup water
- Heat and serve as sauce for casserole