Sometimes I’m sitting around trying to think of what to make and I remember that I have some chicken. I like the flavor mixture of chicken with mushrooms, so I like to make chicken a la king. The creamy sauce adds a texture and a flavor to the chicken that really brings everything together. This will feed a family of 4.
- 1/3 cup mushrooms (2 oz can)
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal Flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup cream (20% butterfat)
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento
- Saute mushrooms and green pepper in butter.
- Blend in flour and seasonings.
- Cook over low heat, stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Slowly stir in broth and cream.
- Bring to boil over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil 1 min.
- Add chicken and pimento.
- Continue cooking until meat is heated through.
- Serve hot in patty shells, pastry cases, biscuit rings, or timbale cases; or over toast points, noodles, or fluffy rice.