Happy New Year Pork Dinner
The perfect dinner for New Years is my Pork Tenderloin recipe. The perfect mix of apple sauce sauerkraut and pork. This will go over great with the family.
One large (or two small) bags of fresh sauerkraut
3 tablespoons of brown sugar
2 apples (any variety)
- Two pork tenderloins
- One large (or two small) bags of fresh sauerkraut
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 apples (any variety)
- Rub the pork tenderloins with good olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Sear the pork on all sides
- Butter a 9 x 13 baking pan and add spread sauerkraut (Note: if the sauerkraut has a lot of liquid drain the bag about a quarter of cup).
- Peel one apple and put very thin slices throughout the saurkraut. Sprinkle the brown sugar on top and mix the apples and sugar gently through the sauerkraut.
- Place the two pork tenderloins on top of the sauerkraut.
- Take the second apple (no need to peel) and cut into thin wedges. Lay the wedges on top of the pork. Cover the baking dish with foil and put in preheated 400 degree oven for thirty minutes.
- Remove the foil and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and homemade applesauce.